Friday, December 4, 2009

Shaping your dreams - II

Ever paused to breathe..
the subtle breeze that brushed past you..…
Ever let time slip..
through your fingers till it ceased to last..…
Ever lost hours in counting..
the innumerable angles of green around you......

homes away from the bustle of city life amidst
soothing greenery and unparallelled serenity...


isn't this very impressive?? .. we too were impressed.. so we walked to the stall, enquired the location details and rates and left home with the brochure.. I was silent in the drive back home.. so was he.. it ringed a bell for him too .. i guessed.. the next day was Monday.. we went to see the place during lunch break.. exact 7.5 kms from my office then.. i already started dreaming of coming to office in a black honda activa (was planning to buy one .. :-))

the location was good.. it was by all ways 'A Dream Apartment in a Non-City sort location' .. construction of 2 blocks were almost over by then.. so it wud be less pre-EMI we thought.. now came the actual budget... + Covered car park + Corpus fund + pre-EMI + 1 year maintenance charges+ any changes to the plan charged + safety grill charges etc etc.. it seemed well more than we expected it to be.. and only 2 double bed room flats we liked were available by then.. my husband was almost convinced that this was not going to be our dream apt..

Conversations floated between us thru mails in office.. I closed my eyes and prayed..
somehow we both felt, any dream apartment will have the same ++ charges and if not now.. we might have to regret that it is too late.. so with the only paper cash we had , we decided to book the apartment.. with 2 nd floor-A block set in our mind, we rushed to the head office which was inside the city.. it was already 9 pm.. on the way we called the sales mngr and requested to wait for us..
We had a warm welcome from the manager ... We confirmed with him abt the rates and ++ charges.. All set to go..

Suddenly the manager said .. m sorry .. the 2nd floor was booked just before you came, we have only the 4th floor left.. both of us were dumbstruck.. Oh my God !! my husband said.. 'hmm... so lets go.. no way we can stay in the topmost floor and enjoy the height and heat of Chennai'.. I didn't talk a word.. the Manager left us alone to decide.. I made my mind as usual -not waiting to struggle to get the best and convinced with what I get,,, I said , 'Letz go for this' .... My husband looked at my face once.. and he said 'OK' .. (dont think he wanted to do soooo much for me.. he was just not willing to start all over again -- apt-- city--no --no--drive--call--mail--fight--propery fair etc etc :-)) .. so he was more happy to finish the hunt..

from that day till the day of possesion of the apartment is something I can write as a book.. to simply say in a line..
"It wasn't that easy"...

Now when I stand in the balcony in the fourth floor... 'pausing to breathe the subtle breeze'... my husband with a coffee mug in his hand .. joins me .. and says .. ' though u blindly take decisions, it had ended up so high ' ... all credit to me.. he he..

2 comments: